Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fin


Picture caption: [insert your thoughts here]


So i finished reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. I must say he is a very talented writer. The story was well worth reading although i probably wouldn't suggest it to my mentoree's. Just based off of the vulgarity in the content at times. But, that is just my personal opinion/taste in reading material. I am going to pick up a copy of Paper Towns. I'm curious to see how his writing style varies.
Photobucket

I also finished reading The Magicians Nephew by C.S. Lewis (i think i already mentioned this..) and it didn't take me long to finish. It was amazing!!! If you liked the movie The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe you will definitely love this book. It ties in all the missing pieces of how Narnia came about who the white witch is and so on, and so on. I enjoyed it very much.
Photobucket

I enjoyed it so much, i went out and bought the rest of the series in one huge-mungous book! Which i'm reading at the moment. I'm currently on the second book The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and surprisingly it is still very interesting even though i've already seen the movie. Reading the book is totally different.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Oh and i'm still reading Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Now, I've made improvement on Mere Christianity. I'm in chapter 4 of book two and its getting easier to comprehend because it's less "cheesecakie" (ha) but still I'm taking my time with this bad boy. i want every chapter to soak in. I'm also learning sooo much, alot of the pages are highlighted and marked up with lil post it's of notes. The Screwtape letters is also very good, but i'll be honest, I've been neglecting it. I'm only on chapter 4. Not that the book isnt worth reading, i just havent gotten around to it as much.
Photobucket


My last "Also"
I'M LEAVING FOR LAGUNA/LA TOMORROW!!! GAH!
[technically saturday morning but it'll be dark outside so it will still feel like friday]
Photobucket

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO TO THE GATHERING!!

zacharyxbinks said...

I think The Magician's Nephew is the best of the series.

Katy said...

Looking for Alaska was my summer reading book my sophomore year of high school. (I'm a senior now) It has been one of my favorites ever since. I won't deny that it did put some ideas in my head and it has caused me to think more rebelliously, so I wouldn't necessarily have it be required reading for school, but I also would never stop someone from reading it. I also had my youth pastor read it after me for no reason, and he loved it.