Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goodbye

These are my last Goodbyes for all of 2008.

Sadly, I'm a bit late [since its already '09]
but I've seemed to drag a few things from the past year with me to the present.
So, I'm saying goodbye to what was and holding onto the memories of what were, but furthermore, I'm choosing to grow, move on, and start fresh.

Goodbye, Inconsistency, in all areas of my life.
Goodbye, Depression, induced by my home life and isolated self pity.
Goodbye, Wasted tears over a dead friendship, I managed to hold onto for yet another year.
Goodbye, Anger, caused by who you haven't been in my life. I've already forgiven you.
Goodbye, Jealousy, I never really liked how you made me act anyways.
Goodbye, Phantom Pain in my heart. I knew why the pain existed but I also knew what had already been mended.
Goodbye, You, I will never understand what made things so different, but it was. A part of my heart wishes it wasn't, but a bigger piece of my heart knew more then that little piece could fathom. I don't imagine things ever being the same, and that's why I'm saying goodbye.
I know You differently now.


Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye.
.2008.

7 comments:

Kenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenny said...

coming to these kind of conclusions is important. it's encouraging to me actually, even though i know nothing about your situation(s).

i dont even know you, but i honestly pray that these things will be permanent, and not just another good season in your life.

but you said you are choosing to grow, which is great. i definitely learned a lot from 2008 too.

:)

Zeph said...

I'm glad i'm not alone in being glad 2008 and all the not-so-great things about last year are over.



It seems like it was a bad year for a lot of people; including nearly everyone i know.



Everything you're wanting to change in your life just go full on for it.



Everything becomes fresh and new when one realizes they're emotionally in tune to the world and, thus, invincible to the negative.

Anonymous said...

2009 is going to be the best year evar! :D

John said...

Hey Meghan, let's have an awesomeness year, huh?

Anonymous said...

This is very well written and I commend you for it.

For blue skies. said...

Wow, you have no idea how much I needed to read that. I can relate to alot of what you wrote. Thank you (: